Photography business sounded to be a beneficial and profitable business nowadays. A worthwhile and money spinning by the combination of old and traditional knowledge that the world have and the own touch you have in your heart. It can be a good source of money especially for the massive growth of freelance photographers. It will not only help you to earn money but also will help you to show what passion means for you.
However, all of these may become wasted if you do not choose the right equipment needed and required in photography. There are equipments, which actually have their expensive price tags, but still there are some cheap prices you can avail on shops. You can start up cheaply and improve your gears if you have your enough budgets for upgrades. Make a list of what you want then slowly, little by little, prioritize and grant those wishes of yourself.
Some of this can be provided easily and some needed your budget. Below is a list of essential photography equipments every photographer must provide and should not forget to equip in photography Industry.
You might want to take a look at the following related articles:
- Introducing the Adobe Stock Premium Collection
- WordPress Wednesday: Newton Photography Theme
- You’ll Be Amazed at These Reflection Photography Ideas
- 20 Examples of Vampire Photography For Halloween
- 10 Smartphone Photography Tips for Great Mobile Photos
Primarily, if you do not have a large amount of budget then buy a high quality camera that suits to you and your budget. It should be budget friendly especially if you are not specialize with that. Moreover, choose a high quality and long term used camera. SLR camera or Single Lens Reflex camera is the most common camera, which captures what the operator, sees in the viewfinder.
Many professional photographers will mention you the high quality brand camera names as a suggestion but bear in mind that you should consider the type of business photography you have. For example: for portraitures (a high megapixel count camera is recommended) and for sports and actions (a camera that have a high shutter speed in order to freeze the action is suggested)
Camera cannot be completed without useful lenses. You should again provide the lenses of your camera according to the type of work you need to capture. If you can avail all the type of lenses, then why not buy it all? There are different kind of lenses you should know and might want to try:
- Wide angle lens for a wide expanse capture of your camera which is recommended in landscape photograph and a team or class photos.
- Telephoto lens for zooming far or small subjects in photography like insects. It is intended to be used for sports, adventure and animal photography.
- Mid-range lenses for portraitures, and the
- Specialty lens such as fish-eye, image stabilizing and night-visions.
A lens filter also plays a part in providing a good quality images. This will help to enhance the appearance of an image you want to have by changing the dynamics of light entering the lens instead of editing it with the use of Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc. This is some of the basic lens filters you should also know:
- SF or Soft Focus Filter, which diminish the sharpness of an object that is very useful in capturing close up photos of humans. Imperfect skin of a person will be replaced by soft and smooth skin in the photo.
- UV or Ultra Violet Filters will help to block the ultra violet light in entering the lens in order to trim down the noticeable haziness especially in daylight.
- Color Balancing Filters are used to balance the multiple Color spectrums of visible light in order to achieve the operator’s wanted color temperature.
- P or Polarizing Filters are almost the same with UV Filters in which they reduce the presence of haziness in the image. The difference between the two is that Polarizing Filters has a feature wherein it is used to reduce the reflected sunlight in the image.
- B&W or Black and White Filters, which is, used in B&W photography wherein there are no other colors except the counted neutral colors.
It is one of the absolutely essential parts of photographing whether in any kinds of photography which now varies in different sizes from a small to bigger one. This will help to make your camera shake free and stable from a downward or upward forces and movements of horizontal axes. They can be purchased lightweight, backpack portable or a heavy-duty weather resistant. It can have a handmade substitute but the presence of tripod will always be essential.
Do not forget of this simple equipment in photography. It not totally affects the quality of an image you want to have but it affects the most common and needed equipment in photography and that is you camera. Lens Hood has two uses:
- It protects the lens of your camera in case it is unintentionally drop, and
- it can help to protect the entering of light rays, which can cause light flares that maybe presented in your photo.
Extra lenses, batteries and memory card
Anywhere you will go, you should have extra lenses, batteries and memory cards on your camera bag. Well, it is better to make yourself ready with the possible things to be happen than regret that you cannot provide those things because you are right there in the situation and there is no turning back. Prepare those extras in case of emergency. Sometimes, most of the wanted situations and scenery are missed because of the anomaly happens to our camera.
Protective Weather Gear for you and your camera
Unexpected weather may occur like immediate rainfall every day. You should be ready with it by providing yourself and your camera of protective weather gears like raincoats, umbrellas and eyeglass. News update will always be recommended in order to know what will be the predicted weather for the da of photoshoots.
Your snack with mineral water and portable chair
Sit and lay your back on your portable chair while waiting for great photo opportunities. Bring also small snacks and biscuits in your bag so when you feel hungry, you can avoid the hollowness you feel. As well as, the bringing of water is required. You need to stay hydrated in order to make you more focus of what you are waiting for.
This plays a role when twilight totally conquered by darkness. Well, it is useful also for some of the photographers who wait for dawn or nightfall for the subject they want to capture. The presence of light with the use of flashlight will help you to at least see things in places where there is an absence of large amount of light.
Sometimes, there are some unnecessary things presented behind your subject that cannot be easily and directly remove by bare hands. Do not forget to bring a multipurpose knife in case you encounter this kind of situation in our photo shoot.