In this series of posts, we will highlight the most exquisitely fascinating artworks and inspiring images crafted by one of the most talented artist from the design community.
Andrew Salgado, a painter born in Regina, Canada, is our featured artist of the day. He has exhibited in various countries such as Germany, Korea and many more. His bold, assertive, and generally large-scale figurative paintings have placed him as one-to-watch in both the UK’s and North America’s painting scenes. The paintings made by Andrew Salgado often quite consciously and reflexively question the nature of painting.
His recent works explore concepts relating to the nature of human beings and the idea of destruction and reconstruction of identity – both through the narrative inherent in the pieces but also in the technical approach taken toward the work. His goal is to create paintings that engage with matters beyond what is immediately visible through a continuous reconsideration of the practice of figurative paintings.
Take a look at his work below and tell us your favorite large-scale figurative paintings.
You might want to take a look at the following related articles:
- A Collection of Captain America Artworks and Illustrations
- 20 Futuristically Designed Robocop Artworks and Illustrations
- Earth’s Mightiest Illustrations: 20 Marvelous Avengers Artworks
- The Dark Collection: 20 Thor Artworks and Inspirations
- The Hunger Graphics: Katniss Everdeen Inspired Artworks